U.S. Army – Mortar Plate Test System produces extreme forces.
- Mortar baseplates experience a significant amount of force and abuse when deployed in the field.
- New designs to lighten “humping” loads on our soldiers are driving the use of more exotic baseplate materials and designs.
- The US Army needed a more effective an reliable method of testing their new mortar baseplate designs.
- To proof test new mortar baseplate designs, U.S. Army RDECOM needed a “shock” system to generate a maximum force of 337 kips (kilo inch‐pounds).
- Cycle rate of 10 impacts per minute