NASA/ATK – Determining the health of reusable solid rocket propulsion systems
- ATK is a leading producer of solid rocket propulsion systems.
- Required a more efficient and effective means to determine the health status of Reusable Solid Rocket Motors upon arrival in Florida after rail transport from Utah.
- After shipping, ATK needed to provide data to customer (NASA) before acceptance and buy‐off.
- Deployed SAVER 3X90’s on all RSRM segments during storage and shipment.
- Developed custom magnetic mounts for SAVER 3X90 and communication cabling with zero compromise to RSRM surface.
- Utilized SaverXware software to generate a “Simple Health Report” that summarizes metrics of interest in a concise format.