Model 56000 High Performance Vibration System
Testing a supercomputer poses some unique challenges. Subassemblies and components need to be evaluated for reliability as well as the much larger completed system. One of the world’s top supercomputing companies approached Lansmont about designing a vibration system capable of not only testing sub-assemblies, but also the entire supercomputer itself.
The Model 56000 High Performance Vibration System includes two 48 x 48 in. (122 x 122 cm) tables. Each table is fitted to actuators controlled by Lansmont’s High Performance Servo Valves (HPSV). The two tables can be used individually with performance to 500 Hz., or controlled in unison to provide a 48 x 96 in. (122 x 244 cm) test surface capable of handling 8000 lbs. (3628 kg).
Model 28000 Vibration System with 102 x 160 inch table
- HVAC systems are large and sophisticated pieces of hardware with critical components and sub-assemblies beneath their simple, attractive covers.
- Goodman Manufacturing approached Lansmont with a request for the largest vibration test system ever assembled in our facilities and we delivered!
- Lansmont delivered a 28000 Vibration Test System with a 160 inch x 102 inch table, and fidelity out to 300 Hz.
- The Model 28000 allows for loading of large test samples, while still providing performance for not only typical ISTA and ASTM transport simulation, but also that required to simulate measured transport environments.
MH-15K Material Handling Test System
- Basiloid is a unique forklift fixture used to handle large products during warehousing and vehicle loading.
- Special packaging designs are needed to facilitate material handling with basiloid fork trucks.
- No test system existed to simulate the dynamics associated with this unique mode of handling.
- Original method of simulation, using real forklifts and drivers was neither efficient or repeatable.
- The MH‐15K Material Handling Test System essentially combines a hydraulic vibration system with a forklift mast for realistic simulation of handling conditions.
- For this custom application, a Basiloid fixture was attached to the standard forklift mast, which is then attached to the hydraulic actuator.
- Employing Field-to-Lab technology, the MH-15K is capable of performing time‐history replications of SAVER 3X90 data collected from actual fork trucks.