Clamping Compression Tester
Severe horizontal compressive forces occur when packaged-products are mechanically handled at different points within the supply chain. Packages can also experience extreme horizontal compressive forces in both the e-commerce and parcel environments as fast moving packaged products accumulate at various points in those supply chains.
To evaluate the performance of packages, components, and materials under such loads, Lansmont offers a the Clamping Compression Tester. Lansmont Compression Testers comply with industry standard package testing specifications including ASTM, ISTA, ISO, and MIL-STD. The Clamping Compression Tester delivers ISTA 6 Series capability for both Amazon and Sam’s Club testing requirements.
- Mobile test system, allowing repositioning for optimum placement
- Easily installed by connecting to power source
- Hand-held digital display controller, for positioning, test sequencing and results readout
- User-defined high-speed for platen positioning, user-defined compression test speed
- Force vs. displacement and force vs. time plots
- Test Specimens Weight up to 1,000 lbs. (454 kg)
- Max Compression Load 2,000 lbs. (907 kg)
- Platen Size 48 x 48 in (122 x 122 cm)
- Max Platen Opening 76 in (195 cm)