Raytheon – Delivering Sensitive Missiles Across the Globe, Ready for Deployment
- Raytheon manufactures the Standard Missile 3 (SM‐3) for the U.S. Navy.
- Final assembly is completed in Arkansas and then the missiles ship to a storage depot in the Pacific.
- Needed proven measurement device that could monitor every SM‐3 during shipment to ensure they arrived safely.
- Raytheon placed SAVER 3M30’s on every SM‐3 that’s fully assembled and each is monitored during its deployment to their storage depot in the Pacific.
- SAVER 3M30’s monitor the movement of the SM‐3s to assure that predetermined fragility levels are not exceeded during transport.
- Once the SM‐3’s arrive at their depot, the SAVER 3M30’s attached to them are configured for long‐term monitoring during storage.