Model 23 Cushion Test System
The Model 23 Cushion Tester is a unique test system designed for evaluating the impact performance of cushioning materials. Mitigating impact energy experienced during shipping and handling is an important attribute for protective packaging. To measure the cushioning characteristics of different materials, the user can easily vary the impact platen mass and drop height to simulate different static loadings and impact velocities.
Model 23 Cushion Tester performs testing in accordance with ASTM D1596.
- Handheld pendant control for simple user operation
- Forged aluminum table design for generating clean shock pulses
- Electric hoist lifting and positioning system enables precise drop repeatability
- Impact Speed Meter compliant with ASTM standards, for measuring impact velocity
- Full range of applications training programs available
- Worldwide Customer Service department
Heavyweight – 9.06 x 9.06 in. (23 x 23 cm), 12.8 lbs. (5.8 kg)
Lightweight – 8.5 x 8.5 in. (21.6 x 21.6 cm), 1.92 lbs. (0.9 kg)
MACHINE HEIGHT – 96 in. (244 cm)
MACHINE ENVELOPE: 18 x 18 in. (46 x 46 cm)
Voltage – 100-230 VAC
FREQUENCY – 50, 60 Hz.
PHASE – Single Phase
PLANT AIR – 80 – 120 psi (5.6 – 8.4 kg/cm2)
- Lightweight platen, allowing specimen static loading range from 0.03 to 0.15 psi (0.0021 to 0.0105 kg/cm2)
- Custom ballast kits can be provided, allowing for customized static loading ranges
- Optional ballast kit for default heavy weight platen ballast kit provides for static loadings from 0.2 to 5.0 psi (0.014 – 0.35 kg/cm2)
- Test Partner Data Acquisition and instrumentation for data collection and analysis
Complete product details available on downloadable specification sheet.