Case Study – Lansmont Cushion Testers Deliver ASTM D1596 Results
- ASTM D1596 is a test method for determining the dynamic shock cushioning characteristics of different types or densities of packaging materials.
- The test procedure requires dropping a guided platen assembly onto a motionless sample of cushion material.
- The impact generates an acceleration vs. time data plot which is used for evaluating shock cushioning performance.
- The Model 23 Cushion Tester is a unique test system designed for evaluating the impact performance of cushioning materials.
- The user can easily vary the impact platen mass and drop height to simulate different static loadings and impact velocities.
- Lansmont Model 23 Cushion Tester performs testing in accordance with ASTM D1596.