122-15 Compression Tester
The Model 122-15 is a servo-hydraulic compression tester designed to evaluate the compressive strength of individual shipping containers as well as larger pallets, unit loads, and large bulk containers. The Model 122-15 utilizes Lansmont’s TouchTest Compression 3 controller which provides the versatility to perform standard compression tests while also accommodating more complex user defined Load and Deflection Profiles that better simulate real world stacking conditions.
The standard system has a platen size that is 48 in. (122 cm) square with a maximum opening of 78 in. (198 cm). Optional extended platens and larger openings are available to accommodate larger test items. Maximum force capability is 15,000 lbs. (66.7 kN).
The Model 122-15 can be installed on any reinforced concrete floor (ground level recommended). The low profile baseplate design makes it easier and safer to load and unload large test items.
- TouchTest Control software, providing Constant Deflection Rate, Ramp to Load and Release, Stacking Simulation, and Deflection profile compression tests.
- Top-load force application, providing a more realistic simulation.
- Low-profile baseplate, adding convenience when loading and unloading test specimens from the machine.
Max Force: 15,000 lbs. (66.7 kN)
Platen Size: 48 in. x 48 in. (122 cm x 122 cm)
Max Opening: 78 in. (198 cm)
- Fixed/floating platen, providing the ability to either lock the platen during testing, or allow it to swivel as the test item deforms and/or fails.
- Package test stand, allowing a more convenient testing surface for smaller, individual package tests.
- Over-sized platens for larger test items.
- Low range load platform, allowing an integrated higher-resolution load cell to be used for testing of smaller packages and test items.
- Integrated temperature & humidity sensor, documenting the atmospheric conditions as the testing occurs.
Complete product details available on downloadable specification sheet.